Friday, June 29, 2012

700,000 RMC Readers, oh yeah! A Movie script, New Distributors and more so Buster and I celebrated with cookies!


May’s Millionth RMC Reader Event was HUGE fun. The event brought about 50,000 new readers to the Kingdoms, catapulting worldwide Ruin Mist readership to around 700,000. Movie news though is what created the real buzz and suddenly there were over 8,000 people talking about the books on Facebook which was really cool and fun to see, especially after all these years of hard work. For a while there were over 35,000 likes on my Facebook page and then my twitter followers soared over 50,000, so yeah it was FUN! Then in June my publisher added 3 new distribution partners, bringing the total global print and media partnerships to 24. New partners means my books will be available in more places around the world.

I decided to celebrate. Mmm... Cookies for everyone!


Buster liked the cookies, but he likes honey more.


While I was working on the script for "A Daughter of Kings" my wife bought me the perfect mug, so now I drink tea a gallon at a time...


And just for fun, an 11th most read book... :-D


Wondering what other recent news there is for my books? On May 25th, just in time for Memorial Day, Audible released a special edition of my book, Stormjammers: The Extraordinary Story of Electronic Warfare in the Gulf War. My books are now available in select bookstores in Australia and New Zealand.

Bugville News
  • Spanish language editions of the Bugville Critters books are in the works and on track for 2013.
  • Buster's Trouble With Dragons will be released in Fall/Winter 2012.
  • New Bugville Critters audio books will be out Fall/Winter 2012 as well.


Magic Lands News

  • The Wizard's Stronghold (tentative title) is on track for publication in Spring 2013.


Ruin Mist News

  • Working on the script for "A Daughter of Kings" which may become the first Ruin Mist movie, fingers crossed.
  • Two new Ruin Mist: Dawn of the Ages novellas are on track for release in Spring 2013.


Thanks for reading!

Until next time,

Robert Stanek

1 comment: